Skip to Content
Questions or Comments:

Requesting Reciprocity for a License from Another State

Requirements for obtaining reciprocity for an individual license from another state, territory or country.

With the exception of landscape irrigators, TCEQ may waive qualifications, training, or an examination for a license on a case-by-case basis.


To be eligible, you must:

  • Have a current license from another state, territory, or country (licensing authority);
  • Have taken an exam to receive the license;
  • Have a good compliance history, and currently be in good standing with the licensing authority that issued the license.

To verify TCEQ requirements for your license, visit our Requirements for a License or Registration web page.

How to Apply for Reciprocity

  • Complete an Occupational Licensing Electronic Application (OLEA)
  • Enter all the information under the reciprocity section.
  • Submit a $111 application fee. Application fees are non-refundable.
  • Upload a copy of your current license, and copies of any applicable training or course completion certificates.

The Evaluation Process

As a part of the evaluation process, the TCEQ will:

  • Request information from the licensing authority to substantiate your current license status; and
  • Determine the level or class of TCEQ license that your current license would equivocate to if reciprocity were granted.

If you have any questions, please contact the TCEQ Occupational Licensing Section at (512) 239-6133.