>> Questions or Comments: wasteval@tceq.texas.gov
You are here:

Sludge Transporters: Am I Regulated?

What is the Sludge Transporter Registration Program? Do the rules apply to you?

To transport any of the following wastes, you must register as a sludge transporter:

  • sewage sludge
  • water treatment sludge
  • domestic sludge
  • chemical toilet waste
  • grit trap waste
  • grease trap waste

For more information, see:

Contact the sludge transporter registration section in one of the following ways:

  • E-mail: wasteval@tceq.texas.gov
  • Phone:512/239-6413
  • Fax: 512/239-6410
  • Postal address:
    Sludge Transporter Registration Program, MC-129
    Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
    PO Box 13087
    Austin, TX 78711-3087

If you generate, dispose of, or otherwise handle sludge, see the following pages for more information: